1. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING What is personal information? We collect information about you on a variety of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, "personal data" is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, this includes any information that, either alone or in combination with other information we process about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. Why do we need your personal data? We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. We need certain personal data in order to give you access to the Site. If you registered with us, you will be asked to check to agree to provide this information to access our services, purchase our products or view our content. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in accordance with this Policy, do not use our Site.
2. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA We collect information about you in the following ways: Information you provide to us This includes: the personal data you provide when you register to use our Site, including your name, email address, telephone number, username, password. personal data that may be contained in any comments or other postings on the Site; the personal data you provide in connection with our rewards program and other promotions we run on the Site; the personal data you provide when you report a problem with our site or when we support you; the personal data you provide when you make a purchase through our Site; and the personal data you provide when you contact us by phone, email or otherwise.
3. SECURITY We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you believe that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the issue immediately by contacting us.
10. RETENTION We will only retain your personal data as long as it is reasonably necessary for you to use the Site until you close your account/unsubscribe, unless required or permitted by law for a longer retention period (e.g. for regulatory purposes).
11. OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN Our site is not intended for children or children under 18 years of age. If a parent guardian realizes that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you should contact us. We will remove such information from our files as soon as reasonably possible.
12. YOUR RIGHTS Opt out. You may contact us at any time to unsubscribe from: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiles; (iii) our collection of confidential personal data; (iv) any further processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of part of the site may not be effective at the time of exclusion. Access. You can access the information we hold about you at any time through your profile/account or by contacting us directly. Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. Movement. Your personal data is portable, i.e. you have the flexibility to transfer your data to other service providers as you wish. Delete and forget In certain situations, for example, when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or incorrect, you may request that we delete your data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. In your request, please clarify: (i) what personal data they refer to; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests regarding personal data associated with the particular email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you have started before requesting such change or deletion.
13. COMPLAINTS We undertake to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to lodge a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices regarding your personal data, please contact us at: email@example.com. We will respond to your complaint as soon as we can and, in any case, within 30 days. We look forward to resolving any complaints filed to our attention, however, if you believe that your complaint has not been resolved properly, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
14. CONTACT INFORMATION We appreciate your comments or questions about this Policy. You can contact us in writing firstname.lastname@example.org